Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Because I Love You

I've heard so many people throw around the phrase"don't judge". I agree we need to remove the spec from our eye before looking at the plank in someone else's eye. However, there is a difference in judging someone to hell and deciding you think someone needs help or being concerned with a harmful lifestyle someone may be living.
I would never want to be judged to hell or held accountable for all my past actions. Everyone messes up and everyone has sin in their life. I was thinking though, its LOVE in me for others that motivates me to encourage people to do right. Living God's plan is SO much better than anything we can come up with on our own. Once you have been freed from controlling sins and harmful addictions and enjoy the great peace and love God offers you, you WANT people to join you in the lifestyle of freedom. LOVE motivates you to encourage people to a better way of living. When I love someone I want the best for them and when I see them run down a road that looks like it is headed for disaster I want with everything to pull them away.  I am not judging them, I am loving them, pleading for them to come home. I have cried more tears and said more prayers for those I love recently who I feel are not on the right path. No judgement or condemnation. Just true Godly love poured through hours of prayers. It is my LOVE for them that causes such emotions to well up in my heart. If I worked at a fire-station and my job was saving people from fires and I ran into a flaming building and grabbed someone and pulled them out, no one would fault me. No one would comment on how I held them or grabbed them or how fast I ran. They would know that I motivated by saving their life ran in after them.

Jesus said in Mark 9:42
    42 “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea. 43 If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.[44] [b] 45 And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. [46] [c] 47 And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48 where
   “‘the worms that eat them do not die,
   and the fire is not quenched.’[d]
   
 These are the words of Christ. He is saying nothing in this fleshly world is worth losing your soul over. Anything that controls you that is not the Spirit can lead you down the path to Hell. 
Some people who claim to be "Christians" live as though there are no sins. Fleshly desires win over the purity and holiness God is calling us to. No one will draw any lines in the sand. Is it wrong to watch movies with an R rating for sexual content? Is it wrong to watch television shows that profane the name of Christ? Is it wrong to look at things which cause you to lust? Is it wrong to have pre-marital sex? I am not answering any of these questions. I'm asking you? How do you make those decisions line up with the Bible and with your conscience and the Holy Spirit living in you. Jesus said if you look at a someone lustfully you have committed adultery in your heart. Im just asking if anyone has drawn ANY lines? Has any put up any "guard rails" to protect themselves from flying off the edge of the cliff?

 2 Timothy 3

 1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
 6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth.

I Corinthians 11:30-31: "For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged." 

If we judge ourselves, we should not be judged. I'm simply asking that everyone take a moment to JUDGE YOURSELF under the perfect law of Christ and see if you feel like you are living a life He would be proud of. No one is perfect, but we should at least TRY. 
"Should we go on sinning so grace may abound? No, you have died to sin, how can you live in it any longer?" Its one thing to fall down, but its important to get back up. If you fall down again get back up, if you fall again, get back up. You will EVENTUALLY get to your goal. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never lay down and give up. Please don't give in to sin and say "oh well, this is just my thorn." Fight the good fight. Keep trying. God judges the heart not the actions. He will see your willingness to TRY to live as you ought. I'm so thankful He judges the heart and not the actions. However, you will know a tree by its fruit and you will know a heart by a persons actions. Good thing God is the best heart doctor around and He can change anyone's heart. Ask Him to change yours today. 

Let me close with one of my favorite youtube videos by the very wise Torah Cents :) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_JzajmTM0o&feature=share&list=UUKLnIzAm1JxsEyz2W2UPlwQ

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Perfectly stated. I agree with everything in your blog and am thankful for your words. I feel the same way of late.

Jewels Gems said...

Wonderful thoughts, Melissa. I wish more people had your heart. You are a blessing.